Designing For Good
Amber has a passion for working with children and animals, while studying she was working part time as a trainer conducting a variety of media and arts workshops in many different schools all around Singapore.
Since graduating with a Bachelor's in Fine Arts, Product Design from Nanyang Technological University in 2018, Amber has gone on to participate in many different playground and built environment projects; often producing innovative design solutions in a bid to lure children back into the outdoor space, interact with other children and explore nature.
Amber has a passionate belief that great design can enhance lives in multiple ways. She works with a diverse range of clients, including private and government entities. Browse her complete Portfolio to get an insight into her work and design process.
Nov 2018 - Present
SENIOR PLAYGROUND DESIGNER, SEMEC ENTERPRISE
- Liaising with clients to achieve project visions
- Liaising with manufacturers to achieve viable products
- Leading & mentoring the design team
- Testing product designs using models & prototypes
- Preparing Blueprints/Shop drawings for manufacture
- Preparing renders/proposals for clients
Jan 2014 - Nov 2018
ENRICHMENT CLASSES TEACHER,
- Conducting workshops/lessons for children aged 6-17
- Creating workshop syllabus & teaching materials
- Planning & conducting participant learning/feedback sessions
- Training different subjects such as: Game design, drawing
photography, animation, videography, 3d printing, sand art etc.
April 2013 - Dec 2013
ICT TEACHER, WIZLEARN TECHNOLOGIES
- Conduct various animation & computer literacy classes
- Redesigned and Implemented the new school website
- Exam results and data analysis
April 2012 - June 2012
ANIMATION INTERN, PUZZLE ANIMATION STUDIO, SHENZHEN
- Worked in the concept art department
- Worked in the 2D animation (In-between) department
- Worked in the Colouring (Digital) department